Thursday, June 23, 2005

The One with Dilemmas

How many real decisions do we take? I mean, on an average, how many of our decisions may alter our life , and hence, we spend some considerable thinking and time to make up our minds?

Me,... I take time to decide between vanilla and strawberry ice-cream... but most decisions aren't this tough or this easy.

The most recent decision that I had to take.. The Real Dilemma...was the choice between FMS and XLRI. And as scientific an analysis that I carried out, I reached the decision based on just a hunch.. One moment I was banging my head trying to decide..the next moment, something inside me said "FMS".. and I was perfectly happy with this voice's decision, and it was like a big responsibility was off me. I had talked to literally two dozen people to come to a decision , and yet when I made the decision, it was none of those voices... it was a completely different voice.

So, the question is who makes these decisions.. the brain, which analyses every detail, sorts out information and works like a businessman, or the heart, which follows God Knows What.
I'm just beginning to realize that this heart is a very tricky fellow... it can very easily lead me into the biggest muddles of my life... do I want that to happen..or do I want to travel a safer path?

Two years back, one of my friends read my hand.. and although she was very serious about it, I was just having fun. She was quite serious, and told me that I'll reach a stage where I'll have to make a very big decision .. a hindi movie style ... maybe an extra-marital affair of some sort.. .. Now , that was too much for me , and I remember clearly that I had laughed at her.

This incident just started a thought process. What does a person do if he/she likes two people at the same time Does it make that person bad... is it wrong to like more than one person at a time? The thing with liking is, it is what your heart feels for a certain person, and you can never tell your heart what to feel and to stop feeling something...

What does one do in such a situation...? Follow common sense and stop hurting oneself and others , or follow the heart, which is devoid of common sense, and end up hurting someone or the other for sure...

I know only one thing for sure...I'll pray to God everyday to spare me from facing such a "Lose-Lose Situation" at any point of life.

5 comments:

Y.M. said...

hey ..about infedility..i have posted a story reg that...but i do believe that feelinsg dont change with the changing relations in life.If you love a person , you will continue loving him even after marriage ..kids...watsoever...
and yeah ..abt first instinct..v true!..it happens wid evone...i m studyin abt taoism dese days.So it was written in one of its articles that the first voice that comes from inside is the voice of God.It happens sometiems that we go for our second or third decision and then we regret later..umm...so i do believe in first instinct...:)

Anonymous said...

Whenever their is a conflict between heart and mind, follow the mind. The heart is a useless fellow(tricky also) which takes decision in a superficial manner, but the mind analyzes the situations, considers all the factors, makes proper calculations and then finally comes to a generic conclusion.
And about infidelity...shikha's right.Only thing I shd add is that u shd b able 2 maintain a delicate balance so that noone's sentiments r hurt.

Chiquitita said...

but guys, amod and shikha..thats what I'm trying to ask... is it infidelity to just like two ppl..not that u're acting on ur feelings..but simply thinking about it... is that wrong??

codeextracts said...

Choices are the hinges of destiny. When you have to make a choice and don't make it, that is in itself a choice. And lastly, life is a sum of all your choices.

I agree, follow your mind, FMS and XLRI are dream places for a guy like me who's in his final year and is prepating for CAT these days. Wish you luck! :)

Anonymous said...

Cool blog, interesting information... Keep it UP » » »