Sunday, June 19, 2005

The One with The Music

I've been hearing a variety of songs since yesterday, and everytime I hear something I like, I think of writing the lyrics down in my blog.
It's almost amazing , how every song has some memory attached to it.. and most of the times, at least with me, it's the period of time associated with a song that appeals to me more than the song itself.

Not just English songs, but Hindi and Tamil songs too... although I don't hear Tamil stuff, but some of those also are quite dear to me.

And after hearing so many songs, I decided on a particular song which I haven't heard in a very long time, and which might be not a very popular song. It's not even the genre of music that I appreciate anymore, but here I'm writing it anyway.

It's been so long since we took the time
to share words from deep inside us
We're in our own worlds spinning our wheels
but you know how i feel

Since the first time I took your hand
my love for you has just been growing
you always seem to understand
you know how i am

I'm gonna love you till the end
I'm gonna be your very true friend
I wanna share your ups and downs
I'm gonna be around...

- Michael Learns To Rock

I don't enjoy pop music now, haven't for a long time. But hearing MLTR takes me back to school days, when they were one of the first English bands that I had heard. I remember I used to sit and listen to their Greatest Hits album over and over again, just to hear That's Why, Sleeping Child and 25 minutes.

Nowadays, I don't put on my old cassettes and hear them anymore. I don't even buy cassettes anymore. I remember a time when I had to save up money to buy new tapes since they cost more than a hundred bucks. Maybe it's because of the widespread use of the net and p-2-p sharing... sometimes I feel almost sad for all those days gone by, for all the habits lost, for all the songs forgotten...

1 comment:

[Amod] said...

music..my love!!
I prefer sad n romantic songs, just like that. I started hearing to english music in class 8-9, n my first ones were Bryan Adams, Boyzone, BSB..though now I detest pop. ROCK rocks!!I love songs with vigour n energy and rock is the best for this.
one song recommended- Graduation-Friends Forever by VITAMIN C